Waterbrooke is an amazing community in Clermont, FL. What makes Waterbrooke a standout community in Central Florida is its easy access to the Florida Turnkpike Tollway and to Florida 50 shopping, restaurants, and healthcare, and its proximity to major attractions such as Disney, downtown Orlando, and Orlando International Airport.
We believe Waterbrooke is a great place for families, retirees, and single-member households alike. There are options for smaller homes (villas) and larger single family homes for bigger families.
Let’s dive in and see what makes Waterbrooke an incredible place to live.
Waterbrooke Neighborhood Overview
Mattamy Waterbrooke in Clermont is an ideal community for families looking for a convenient and comfortable lifestyle. We really love this location and have sold many homes in Waterbrooke–from new construction to existing homes.
We love that Waterbrooke is located in the heart of Clermont right off of Florida 50. The community offers easy access to major highways such as the Turnpike Tollway which makes Waterbrooke ideal for commuters.
Waterbrooke is close to excellent Clermont shopping options, including a nearby Publix grocery, Walmart, and Clermont Landing Shopping Center (restaurants, shopping, movie theatre).
In addition, residents have access to top-quality healthcare facilities, including Orlando Health South Lake Hospital.
What is it like living in Mattamy Waterbrooke in Clermont?
Families who choose Mattamy Waterbrooke can enjoy an active lifestyle with tons of amenities. In fact, when you drive through Waterbrooke, you’ll often see families out and couples walking through the neighborhood.
It’s very peaceful and Mattamy has done a great job of providing options for active lifestyles.
If you love resort-style living, this is your place. You’ll find a beautiful swimming pool, a playground, and a dog park.
Where is Waterbrooke located in Clermont?
Waterbrooke is arguably in the best location of Clermont for convenience. Located south of Florida 50, west of the Florida Turnpike, and east of Rt 27.
3029 Ambersweet Pl, Clermont, FL 34711
Waterbrooke Community Features
Waterbrooke has a ton of amenities for residents to take advantage of. Our clients love living here.
The Waterbrooke Clubhouse is an amazing facility with tons of beautiful amenities. We would have loved raising our family in a place like this.
First, Waterbrooke has an amazing fitness facility. The gym includes cardiovascular equipment such as treadmills and ellipticals. In addition, there are plenty of options for strength training such as the quality Hoist fitness equipment and dual cable functional trainers.
Our son who has a masters degree in exercise physiology and was very impressed by the quality of equipment that Waterbrooke had.
Let’s also not forget about the beautiful covered pavilion with padded seats, four person tables, flat screen tv’s, and all the shade you need when a little rest from the sun is required.
Second, Waterbrooke has an amazing pool. With easy, shallow steps into the pool, this is definitely a place you can lounge all day. Have a family? Waterbrooke has you covered. The pool area is home to an amazing splash pad with in-ground waterspouts to keep the little one’s engaged for hours.
Third, the trails that weave through the neighborhood are perfect for the outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you love biking, walking, or jogging–Waterbrooke’s trails are sure to keep you busy.
Fourth, we understand the need to have security where you live. Not only is Clermont an incredibly safe city (we’ve written all about Clermont’s safety here) but Waterbrooke’s gated entry will add a layer of security and peace of mind when considering this community for your future.
Waterbrooke Amenity Overview:
- Clubhouse with community rooms and social spaces
- Resort-style swimming pool
- Walking trails
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Playground for children
- Outdoor gathering areas with picnic tables and grills
- Multiple lakes and ponds throughout the community
- Dog park for furry friends
- Gated entrance for added security
What are the homes like in Waterbrooke?
Mattamy Homes Waterbrooke in Clermont offers a wide range of home designs and prices to meet the needs of every family. The community offers single-family homes with prices ranging from the $380,000s to the $600,000s.
There many floor plans to choose from that range from 1,731 square feet to over 3,340 square feet. All homes come with a variety of standard features, including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and designer-selected cabinets.
Let’s look at an example. The following home is the Pensacola Model. We loved this home and really enjoyed walking through it. It has a beautiful exterior.
- Starting at $539,990 (as of March 2023)
- 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 3 Car Garage
- 2,914 to 2,989 square feet of living space
- Open-concept floor plan with a spacious great room, dining area, and kitchen
- Kitchen features an island, pantry, 42″ cabinets, and stainless steel appliances
- Primary bedroom is located at the back of the home and has an en-suite bathroom with dual vanities, a shower, and a walk-in closet
- All appliances are energy efficient
- The covered lanai provides a space for outdoor entertaining and relaxation
- The home also features a flex room that can be used as an office, den, or playroom
- Lofted upstairs space
Note: Prices and details are subject to change.
Mattamy Homes has a reputation for creating energy-efficient homes that are built to last. The homes in Waterbrooke come equipped with the latest energy-efficient features, including high-efficiency HVAC systems and Low-E windows, helping to keep energy bills low.
The following video is a walkthrough of the Pensacola model as well. This shows you the quality that a Waterbrooke home has to offer and gives you a detailed walkthrough of the interior.
We also tour the neighborhood as well.
What amenities are around Waterbrooke in Clermont?
We are glad you asked. Waterbrooke is built in a wonderful location with tons of shopping, restaurants, and quick commutes to major attractions.
Major Attractions near Waterbrooke
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) – 35 minutes
- Downtown Orlando – 30 minutes
- Universal Studios Florida – 25 minutes
- Walt Disney World Resort – 20 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando – 30 minutes
- The Mall at Millenia – 25 minutes
Local Highways near Waterbrooke
- Florida’s Turnpike – 8 minutes
- Interstate 4 – 13 minutes
Restaurants we enjoy near Waterbrooke
- Guru Indian Restaurant – 11 minutes
- The Crooked Spoon Gastropub – 8 minutes
- Corelli’s Italian Kitchen – 9 minutes
- San Jose’s Original Mexican Restaurant – 10 minutes
- The Brave Burger – 12 minutes
- The Southern on 8th – 12 minutes
- Brusters Ice Cream – 6 minutes
Outdoor activities near Waterbrooke
- Waterfront Park – 11 minutes
- Lake Louisa State Park – 20 minutes
- South Lake Trail – 6 minutes
- Crooked River Preserve – 18 minutes
- Ferndale Preserve – 14 minutes
- Citrus Tower Park – 9 minutes
- Hancock Trailhead – 10 minutes
- West Orange Trail – 19 minutes
Major Stores near Waterbrooke
- Target – 6 minutes
- Walmart – 9 minutes
- Lowe’s Home Improvement – 8 minutes
- Publix Super Market – 5 minutes
- HomeGoods – 8 minutes
- Marshalls – 8 minutes
- Hobby Lobby – 8 minutes
- BJ’s Wholesale – 9 minutes
What do we love about Waterbrooke?
We fell in love with Waterbrooke as soon as we heard Mattamy was creating a premiere neighborhood in Clermont off of FL 50. Below is our personal take on the neighborhood.
- The entrance is beautiful. It’s a long, hilly drive from FL 50 into Waterbrooke. It feels like you are leaving the busy world and entering a peaceful oasis.
- The location can’t be beat. In fact, we think this might be the best location in Clermont. Near the highway, medical facilities, shopping, and restaurants.
- The homes are new and beautiful. Because Mattamy is still building homes in the neighborhood, you can guarantee the interior and exterior will be modern, updated, and built to the highest standards.
- We love that Waterbrooke is built in north Clermont which has beautiful rolling hills and lakes around every corner.
- As of today (March 2023) there are still homes available for new construction which enables you to take part in the design process if you’d like more control over your purchase.
- For a non 55+ community, Waterbrooke has more than the average amenities. We love the pool, clubhouse, fitness facility, walking paths, and dog park. There is even a yoga lawn. So cool!
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are frequently asked questions our clients often ask us about Waterbrooke and Clermont.
Does Mattamy Waterbrooke have a CDD?
No, Waterbrooke does not have a CDD. A Community Development District (CDD) is designed to provide infrastructure and services to a particular neighborhood or set of neighborhoods.
Specifically, CDDs are formed by local governments in conjunction with the builder in order to fund construction and improvement of roads, utilities, stormwater management systems, parks and other related projects to benefit the neighborhood as a whole.
These services are funded through additional assessments beyond the home owners association fees charged on the homes within the specific neighborhood boundary. Waterbrooke doesn’t have a CDD fee which lowers the total cost of ongoing expenses.
Is Waterbrooke Clermont a convenient location?
Waterbrooke is an amazing neighborhood near many local amenities in Clermont. A majority of the local amenities in Clermont can be reached within 8 to 12 minutes.
In fact, we often joke with our clients that nearly everything is under 12 minutes from Waterbrooke. Need to jump on the Turnpike? 8 minutes. Grab something at Target? 6 minutes. Head to downtown Clermont? 12 minutes.
Is Mattamy a quality home builder?
Yes. In fact, Mattamy Homes is one of the most awarded builders in the Orlando area. We have had great experiences with our transactions in this community.
- Home Builder of the Year award by the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) in 2020 and 2017
- Energy Star® for New Homes Builder of the Year award in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015
- Tarion Homeowners’ Choice Award in 2019, 2017, and 2015
- Avid Diamond Award in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017
- Eliant Homebuyers’ Choice Award in 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016
- JD Power Canada Builder of Excellence Award in 2019 and 2018
- BILD Ontario Green Builder of the Year award in 2018
- Ernest Assaly Award for Builder of the Year in 2009 and 2008.
- Great Place to Work® Institute’s list of Best Workplaces in Canada for six consecutive years (2015-2020)
- Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies.